In the rush to report the news, well-meaning reporters sometimes may oversimplify or perhaps exaggerate reports about things that are taking place in the African continent. The question is: what are the challenges involved with Africa reporting, and how do reporters and bloggers alike balance their reporting with the need to be fair and accurate.
Cases in point: Ebola, Somalia. Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Mail, Zimbabwe
Africa Agenda’s News and Blogger training is an opportunity to provide hands-on resources, tips, techniques and tools for would-be bloggers, journalists and writers to sharpen their focus as they report about a content as vast and dynamic as Africa. Our inaugural classes, conferences will focus on the following areas:
- How to Write about Africa/How not to Write about Africa
- The Ethics of Blogging/Who is a Journalist?
- 10 Ways U.S. reporters can better present African News
- Top 5 Africa Stereotypes in the media
- LinkedIn for Journalists and Bloggers
- African Headline News in the era of Twitter and Facebook
Please check back soon for more information.